The Story So Far ...

Sunday, 7 February 2016

Books I shall be reading this Spring ...

I'm hoping to have some time to read - I've been busy getting my new novel ready for publication; not writing it, because I actually wrote it before "Queen" - but anyhow, it's going out into the big wide world now; I think it's ready!





So, now I'm going to 'kick' back and enjoy these books - a diverse list, I think you'll agree!

A Corpse in Cipher - Lizzy Drake




The Shepherd's Life - James Rebanks



Joan of Arc - Helen Castor




Lila - Marilynne Robinson





House of Shadows - Pamela Hartshorne


A Little Book of Language - David Crystal



The Mask Revealed - Julia Brannon

The Bowes Inheritance - Pam Lecky




While I was Waiting - Georgia Hill


Secret of the Song - Cathie Hartigan

The Pearl Locket - Kathleen McGurl



His American Heartsong - Regina Jeffers







Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen -

Samantha Wilcoxson



Timestorm - Steve Harrison




Shadow on the Crown - Patricia Bracewell

Wulfsuna - Elaine Moxon



Turn of the Tide and A House Divided - Margaret Skea












In Praise of the Bees - Kristin Gleeson


The King's Jew - Darius Stransky






Wolfsbane - Nicola Layouni




21 books - by the time I emerge, maybe it will have stopped raining!

And just before going 'to press' with this list, I learn that NJ Layouni has a third book out: 


I might not emerge until summer!!



(please leave a comment if you are ahead of me and have already read any of these books - I'd love to know what you think of them)

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me in the list, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome - I'm looking forward to 'tucking in' :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Annie - for including my book and for so many other great suggestions! *TBR falls over*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is just the first batch - not wish list, I might add, but kindle, paper and hard back versions already in my possession!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for including me, Annie and highlighting all these others - I'm resisting at the moment as research is a priority... but some fabulous suggestions here and some wonderful covers too - I think Time Storm is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret - yes, I must admit when I laid them all out on the page I thought how pretty it looked! I might emerge sometime around July - and this is just the first batch of books waiting for me!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Annie. You're a star! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a plea - slow down with your writing to give me a chance to catch up ;)

      Delete
  5. A lot of great treats for you in store. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the thing whilst waiting for the rain to stop ...

      Delete
  6. Love it, thank you so much for including my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just finished yours tonight Lizzy!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the inclusion and every best wish to you and yours. You have picked a rare and fine crop of reading material. Some I have read and others I will get round to but All (including yours) are gems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind. I listened to a few lines of your TKJ audio. Very atmospheric!

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful list! Thank you for including me. I think I shall have to add a fee more books to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought if I put the books into batches and said it all out loud then it would take the dilemma away from choosing "which book next" - I shall simply work my way through them and then put the next batch together :)

      Delete